“Quality is never an accident. It is rather the result of intelligent efforts.”
The customer/consumer base we deal with today are well-read people—thanks to the digital era with much information. Hence, the key to becoming a celebrated brand is quality management, with supplier qualification being a big part of it.
The sigma rule of quality management is evaluating the vendors at all levels. Hence, if you have been looking to become one of the most premium choices for your customer base, you are at the right place!
Let us decode everything about the supplier qualification process, why it is essential, and what digitalization can help us with.
What is Supplier Qualification Process?
A supplier qualification system is a set of processes and criteria used by an organization to evaluate the suitability and competence of its suppliers to meet its specific needs and requirements.
- A supplier qualification system aims to ensure that suppliers can consistently provide goods or services that meet the organization’s quality, delivery, and cost requirements.
- The system typically includes components such as initial supplier screening, risk assessment, supplier evaluation, and ongoing monitoring and review.
- In the nutraceutical and dietary industry, the supplier qualification process typically involves collecting and analyzing information about the supplier’s quality control systems in three broad levels- the facility, company, and product.
- By establishing a supplier qualification system, organizations can improve the quality and reliability of their supply chain, reduce the risk of supply chain disruptions, and strengthen relationships with their suppliers.
- Additionally, this system helps organizations ensure that their suppliers meet their specific requirements and contribute to the organization’s success.
Challenges of Conventional Supplier Qualification Process
The conventional supplier qualification process offers many challenges. Find some of them in the pointers below:
- Time-consuming process: It is lengthy and time-consuming, especially when switching between tabs.
- Lack of standardization: The supplier qualification process can need more standardization across different departments or business units, leading to supplier evaluations and performance tracking inconsistencies.
- Difficulty in measuring supplier performance: Measuring supplier performance can be challenging. The metrics used to evaluate supplier performance must be more well-defined and consistent across the organization.
- Inadequate risk management: The supplier qualification process may need to address potential risks associated with the supplier, such as supply chain disruptions or ethical issues.
The Way Forward!
Overcoming all the above-listed challenges is possible by leveraging the latest technology. Moreover, businesses must consider streamlining the process to become more agile and thrive in the competitive arena.
AsterDocs is the pioneer in providing supplier qualification solutions that are tailor-made for the nutraceutical and dietary industry. If you want to transform your supplier qualification process with a promising solution, AsterDocs can help you.